The most comprehensive solution for officials associations that want to fully protect both their organization and individual members, as well as provide full training and testing solutions with an emphasis on video. Association Advantage Diamond is the ultimate answer to every challenge your association faces.
Materials For Your Association
- Members-Only Website
- Advantage Guidebook to Association Management
- Advisor Newsletter
- Referee Magazine
Protections for Your Association
- Association General Liability Coverage with $1 Million per Occurrence and $5 Million Aggregate
- Free Access to the Member Information & Consultation Program
- Full Individual NASO Membership for Every Member of Your Board of Directors
Association Training Program
Meetings in a Box, which include:
- Up to Six Lesson Plans
- Video Plays
- Digital Presentations
- Instructor Guidebooks
- Online Testing
- Dedicated Website for your Association
Training Materials for Your Members
- Click digital newsletter
- Referee Magazine
- It’s Official NASO Newsletter
- Training Manual
- Mechanics Illustrated
- Rules by Topic
- Online Testing
- Preseason & Postseason Digital Newsletters
Benefits for Your Members
- 20% off Cliff Keen officiating gear
- Marriott Athletic V.I.P. Hotel Discount Card
- Bulk Discounts and Shipping Deals from the Referee Training Center
Protections for Your Members
- $6 Million Individual General Liability coverage
- $100,000 Game Call & Assigners Coverage
- $15,500 Assault Protection
- Free Access to the Member Information & Consultation Program
In-depth training designed specifically for the individual member to learn inside and outside of the meeting/classroom, including lesson plans and quizzes, study guide questions and dozens of supplemental study aids covering rules, mechanics, philosophies and best practices. Additional materials and handouts on each lesson topic are also included for distribution during training sessions.
Takeaway: An invaluable resource tool for each of your member officials to follow along, take notes and learn valuable information both inside and outside of the classroom.
A complete and detailed curriculum training manual for instructors, featuring comprehensive lesson plans, study guide questions and answers, corresponding references to teaching points covered in the Rules by Topic and Mechanics Illustrated books (both included for every member of your association) as well as goals and objectives.
Takeaway: A complete and easy step-by-step guide to understanding, teaching and applying your entire Meetings-in-a-Box package.
RULES BY TOPIC
The official NFHS rulebook published in partnership with the editors of Referee magazine in which all the rules and caseplays are combined together for improved ease in study and retention. This unique version of the rulebook is organized by game situations — the same way officials think while working — and linked back to the instructional materials.
Takeaway: The most complete and user-friendly rules-reference tool available for your members on the market today.
The only high school mechanics book with detailed images and advanced analysis of play situations. Additionally, instructors receive a supplemental CD-ROM with every mechanic image from the book. (Note: This book is published once every two-years in coordination with NFHS mechanics change years.)
- Football — Covers both four- and five-person crews
- Basketball — Covers both two- and three-person crews
Takeaway: The CD-ROM gives instructors the ability to teach mechanics and focus on areas of emphasis as it relates to positioning and play-calling. The book itself is another extraordinary learning resource for every member of your association.
DEDICATED WEBSITE FOR YOUR ASSOCIATION
Your group receives a state-of-the-art cloud-based website designed for your association to easily manage the following functions:
- Roster Management — Online registration
- Education — Attendance tracking and classroom management
- Communication — With all or select members of your association, along with the ability to upload and share documents
- Online Testing — User-defined controls and access
- News and Rules Updates — Instantaneous posting of any new interpretations and announcements
- Document Management — Store association bylaws/constitutions as well as user-level storage for officiating resumes, commendation letters, etc.
- Recruitment — Make it easy for officiating prospects to find your group and become officials
Takeaway: Everything you need to manage and run your association more efficiently and accurately through a state-of-the-art hosted website.
The testing program includes a comprehensive 150-question study guide updated every season designed to get your officials into the rulebook before the season, lesson plan exams, a signals test, classification exams and a mechanics exam — all of which can be taken online through your Association Advantage dedicated website designed specifically for your group.
Takeaway: You have the ability to test and re-test your officials on rules and mechanics, giving your association information on areas where additional training and attention are needed to elevate your entire membership.
PRESEASON & POSTSEASON PRIMERS
To prepare before the season and again right before the postseason, all of your members receive digital newsletters packed with information, updates, interpretations, best practices and tips to fully prepare them in the preseason and for the playoffs.
Takeaway: Perfect review material for association meetings and preseason rule interpretation meetings. Designed for individual review so you can focus on training and teaching in-person.
COMPREHENSIVE INSURANCE FOR BOTH YOUR ASSOCIATION & ALL YOUR MEMBERS
FOR YOUR ASSOCIATION
Included in your Association Advantage enrollment, your association and its board of directors are fully protected by the following:
- General liability insurance protection — Coverage included for the association and its board and committee members up to $1 million per occurrence and $5 aggregate. General liability provides coverage for claims for bodily injury, property damage and personal injury.
- $50,000 Game Call and Assigner’s Coverage – Provides coverage for alleged officiating-related errors and omissions that result in a claimed financial loss but there is no bodily injury.
FOR YOUR MEMBERS THROUGH THEIR NASO MEMBERSHIP
Through their NASO membership, every one of your officials is fully protected by the following insurances:
- General Liability Insurance Protection — Coverage for up to $6 million per occurrence. This provides excess coverage for claims for bodily injury, property damage, and personal injury during sporting activities that are organized by recognized sports organizations while officiating, assigning or attending camps, clinics and meetings.
- Game Call & Assigners Protection — Coverage extends to $100,000 per occurrence. Provides for claims alleging an error on the court or field or for a decision that you made as an assigner.
- Assault Protection Program — Provides up to $15,500 coverage for certain expenses and loss of game fees resulting from injuries suffered when an official is the victim of an assault and/or battery by a spectator, fan or participant while the official is performing officiating duties at an organized sporting event.
Takeaway: Necessary insurance coverage to protect your association for activities, camps, clinics and training. Pair that with the premier individual insurance protections provided to your members through NASO and your association is fully protected.
COMPLETE NASO MEMBERSHIP
Your ENTIRE association membership each individually receives full NASO membership — normally priced at $116 per year per official — which includes the premier package of officiating benefits for individual officials anywhere in the world. Every member of your association will receive:
- Liability Protection — Every member receives insurance protection for personal injury liability, game call and assigners liability and assault protection.
- Referee Magazine — 82 pages of rules, mechanics, caseplays, quizzes, features and news delivered directly to your officials monthly.
- It’s Official — 12 ADDITIONAL pages of officiating training and membership news delivered with Referee magazine exclusively for NASO members.
- NASO LockerRoom Digital Newsletter — Bi-weekly officiating news, articles, resources, tips and contests delivered electronically to your members.
- MICP (Members Information & Consultation Program) — Provides financial, tax, legal and administrative general information and consultation for every single NASO member.
- Marriott Athletic VIP Card — Every NASO member receives access to this exclusive Marriott athletic program normally reserved for pro and college players and coaches, offering discounts of up to 25% at participating Marriott family hotels.
- Exclusive Savings — On Referee books and DVDs, NASO Summit registration and rental cars.
Takeaway: The most comprehensive and premiere officiating membership organization in the country that will advocate for, educate and protect your association.
ASSOCIATION LEADERSHIP AND ADMINISTRATION RESOURCES
Enrollment into the Association Advantage Program provides your group’s leadership and board of directors with the only package of tools and resources in the world specifically dedicated to providing education and training for running and improving local officials associations.
- Advantage Guidebook to Association Management — A comprehensive manual considered the “Bible” of officials association leadership and administration, delivered directly to your association’s designated key contact person.
- Advisor newsletter — 12 monthly issues full of news, features, tips and best practices on such topics as assigning, evaluations, recruitment & retention, meetings, bylaws, contracts, discipline, insurance and legal topics all related to running an officiating organization.
- Click Digital Newsletter — Delivered electronically to all of your association members with links to association-specific articles, news and tips for better running your officials group.
- Members-Only Website — Unlimited access to the Association Advantage members-only website featuring the largest and most comprehensive online database of officials association resources and articles.
- Training Incentive Program — Bulk-buying opportunities for officials training resources with discounts up to 45% off.
- Major Cliff Keen Discount — Your entire association membership receives an exclusive 20% discount on all online purchases from Cliff Keen Athletic, the official sponsor of Association Advantage.
- MICP (Members Information & Consultation Program) — Provides financial, tax, legal and administrative general information and consultation on issues pertaining to your association.